Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Father, My Prayer



Seven years of bad luck and it ain't over….
Waddling sorry duck; nothing seems any better

Tell me you know that song
Perhaps we could get a sing-along
Never mind, the chorus ain't that long
You might mumble a few words right or wrong

Will I be rich or poor?
I cannot but implore

These thoughts plague me sore
Can someone please shut the door?
None of these to think no more

Just a moment with my core
Peradventure I could dream a bright future

My Father, my Papa
How I love to call You by name

Shall Your mercy come?
This one is near dead

Your wealth in health quick be done
Health in wealth like a lottery won

Here and near just like 'the beyond'
A little intervention in but a second

To you who rode upon palm fronds
I pray in earnest bonds

My Father, my Papa
Biko! I don tire

                                                               
                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment