Monday, October 31, 2011

Y.O.U.T.H



I am Young
         On the go
         Uprising; with a
         Teachable
         Heart

I have a goal, a dream; a vision

For every challenge, in my intellect lies abundant provision
Appropriate use yields magnificent distinction

When the world cries in retrogression
I come in with a song of progression

Today I may seem so low
Latent endowments in me God did bestow

Do not discriminate
Don’t be tempted to castigate

‘Cos from this lowly state
I will on day emanate
Like a hero for so long you did crave and anticipate
Unique solutions and knowledge to dissipate

Every inch of darkness to illuminate
Provoking even the love of he that was tempted to hate

Do not get my message wrong
Listen to the tune of my song

My bell rings with a friendly ding and dong
Many-a-times I am tilted towards exuberance
Often losing my balance

But I see in you golden experience gained in advance
The very secret of your durable elegance

The priceless wisdom of old
All the stories I am told
Of how ‘twill make me bold
With power to freeze the world’s heat so cold

Oh! The pillars of times ancient
How blessed the recipient
The right blends producing in me a glow so resplendent

Christ in me before whom all knees are bent
All heads bowed as moon-shaped crescents
The kingdom of darkness absolutely despondent

Endless energy in me still latent
Its accurate activation propelling me like an ace

Carefully tying each shoe lace
Rising to win even the toughest Olympic race
With the grip of an invincible brace

I am but a little wick
Sitting on a candlestick

As the clock does continually tick

I never back down; laying every brick

On the wake of the ‘morrow; I emerge the exclusive pick
To perform the intricate trick

The world sits in reverence as I make the ultimate click
And all a sundry marvel & proclaim esoteric!!!

I am Young
         On the go
         Uprising; with a
         Teachable
         Heart

                        I am a YOUTH




©Adejobi Israel Oreoluwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment