Friday, December 6, 2013

Adios Monsieur MANDELA



When I think of Africa
I think beauty

When I think of Africa
I think grace and talent

When I think of Africa
I think pioneer spirit

When I think of Africa
I think of a rising GIANT

So here’s an ode to her heroes
The ones gone before us
Souls of honor who walked in golden toes
Persons who labored to the plus
They gave us strength to face our apartheid foes

Speaking of apartheid
I think of South Africa
When I think South Africa
I think Nelson Mandela

Here I stand – aghast in wonder
A tad frozen – stopping to ponder

How could one man rise so wise?
How could one man rise to shake the world?
One man born a fledgling just like all and sundry
One man with a heart and veins just like mine
How could one man rise to shake the world?

Spirit of candor
Soul of color
Embodied in valor
By all means, a man of honor

What song can I sing to you sir?
What poem can I write you sir?
What math can equate you to sir?
What logic can I reason by you sir?

A leader I will forever admire
A beacon from out of the bowels of Africa
You beckoned to us all, rousing in us a fire
An entire continent singing - Kumbaya

Till we meet again…adios Monsieur MANDELA
Africa names you her sweetest vanilla 




Signed
@i_amPapyrus
(on behalf of Africa and the world)


© iampapyrus #Twitter: @i_amPapyrus

1 comment: